Transformer Diagnostics for OEMs
There are several entities providing several diagnostic services like:
- Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA)
- Frequency Response Analysis (FRA)
- Dielectric Spectroscopy
- Polarization / Depolarization Current Analysis (PDC)
Acceptance criteria for all these methods have been developed observing large populations of power transformers and treat transformers as a black box, or a simplified model.
Such generic interpretation may not be suitable for the transformers you produced, because of their peculiarities in design, application and operation (power, generator step up, furnace, rectifier, cycloconverter, etc.) and your customer may perceive a much bigger problem than in reality.
Our added value
Thanks to our experience in transformer design, construction and failure analysis, we can support you by providing a third-party analysis to:
- Interpret diagnostics tests results taking into account the peculiarities of your transformer.
- Identify follow up actions to solve the problem revealed by the diagnostic tests.